10 Useful Tips on Draping a Saree
Saree is a perfect feminine attire that accentuates the looks of a woman. It always adds gorgeousness, sensuality and elegance in a woman’s personality. But, have you ever given a thought that an untidy tucked up saree can ruin your looks? To be careful see the following tips. These tips will surely help you in enhancing your personality in saree and not otherwise
- 1. If you have a dark complexion then buy dark color sarees that go well with your skin tone. Go for colors like green, maroon or dark pink etc.
- 2. If you are on a heavier side i.e. chubby woman, you should buy Georgette, Chiffon or Chignon sarees. These fabrics will stick to your body and will help you look slimmer. If you love silk then Mysore silk sarees should suit you. These sarees are not too heavy and fluffy.
- 3. Petite or slim women should go for stiff and fluffy fabrics like Cotton, Tissue, Tussar, Organza etc. This will add volume to your body.
- 4. If you are short (height) go for small borders instead of bigger ones. Same with the print also, smaller print will make you look slim and wear dark colors.
- 5. Slim and Tall woman can wear sarees that have big border and big and bold print.
- 6. Pinup your saree well if your wearing it for office. Its comfortable and easily manageable. It gives a smart and clean look.
- 7. For an attractive look, you can just leave your pallu loose. Apt for any occasional gathering and parties.
- 8. Cotton, tissue, Tussar, Silk and Organza sarees need to be ironed and starched properly. Or else they look very untidy.
- 9. Be careful while pinning your saree. Sometimes bigger pins on the shoulder gives a very clumsy look.
- 10. Last tip would be for petticoat – It should be till your ankles and make sure your legs aren’t visible at all. Your petticoat should not be too flared.