15 Best Sarees for Wedding & Party Wear
Wedding Sarees, Party Wear Sarees and Festival Sarees
What are Most Popular Wedding Party Sarees?
Best Sarees Options for Wedding and Party Wear Sarees
Which Sarees are Best for Wedding Party?
Which Sarees are Best for Party Wear?
Exclusive Sarees, Festival Sarees
What Saree to Wear on Wedding?
What Saree to Wear on Party?
What are Some Popular Exclusive Sarees?
Rich Look Sarees?
What are Very Popular Sarees?
How Many Types of Sarees are There?
Light Weight But Rich Look Sarees?
Are these some of the questions which are coming to your mind again and again before purchasing a wedding saree, party wear saree, exclusive saree, or for any high event? If yes, then this article will help you alot to choose best sarees for any wedding, party, or any big event.
The Indian Sarees do not need any type of introduction as they are well known worldwide due to their cool, beautiful and rich look. A saree is a piece of cloth in rectangular shape with 4 feet in width and 13 to 26 feet in length which is draped over the body in different styles in different parts of the Indian subcontinent. A saree can be worn at any type of occasion be it wedding party or any other kind of function; even sarees can also be worn in office. Saree not only reflect the art skills of the designers but it also shows the glimpse of Indian culture & traditions. Even air hostesses of major Indian air lines can also be seen draped in the beautiful sarees which make them look gorgeous and beautiful.
When we talk about some of the important sarees then few well know name come to the fore i.e. silk sarees, cotton sarees, designer sarees, etc. But there are as many types of sarees in India as there are cities countrywide. Here I am mentioning some of the most popular sarees which are widely liked by the women across the country as well as worldwide.
1. Banarasi Silk Sarees: Made in Banaras(a city in state of Uttar Pradesh of Northern India), these sarees give rich look and are perfect for wearing in any wedding parties as they give very rich beautiful look to a woman. These are not only famous in India but many women from across the world also love to include this beautiful party wear dress in their wardrobe. These sarees either are fully silk made or partially silk made with golden border. Each saree takes 15 days to 6 months to be prepared depending upon the design of saree. This saree is the most popular saree of North India and one of the most popular sarees of India.
Sambhalpuri Sarees: Made by the saree artists and designers of Sambhalpur district of Orissa state(now called Odisha), this beautiful sample of art and fashion gives a gorgeous look to any lady who wears it. These are handloom made sarees and are known for their special dye color which stays same for the entire life of the saree. These are also called Ikkat Sarees country wide and are loved due to the handcraftship and the cultural importance they have.
Kanchipuram Sarees: Also called Kanjivaram Sarees which are made in Kanchipuram town of Tamil Nadu(in South India) from kanjivaram silk. This saree is one of the most costly sarees in India because of the good quality silk fabric which is known for its durability and the different beautiful work done on them. If you are looking for some kind of party wear which give you a rich and dashing look then go for this saree, it will make you look gorgeous. Hand-woven Kanchivaram silk sarees are known as the best sarees when we talk about the whole saree section, in other word I will say that if you want to buy only few sarees then make sure you also buy kanchipuram silk saree.
Chanderi Sarees: Made in Chanderi a town of Ashok Nagar district of Madhya Pradesh in Central India these sarees are popular for their unique look and fabric. Chanderi town is popular because of its handloom industries making varieties of Chanderi Sarees which are loved not only by the women of Madhya Pradesh and India but are famous worldwide. This saree is made from mix of cotton and silk threads and are mostly hand woven by the weavers who are the recognition of this heritage town of India. I would also suggest every women to include this beautiful saree in their wardrobe.
5. Dhakai Cotton Sarees – These sarees are made and crafted in Dhaka capital of Bangladesh located in South Asia. With wonderful & life inspired prints, these sarees are so beautiful and gorgeous that women from other countries also love them. These sarees gives rick look so are perfect for any party wear or wedding or any other high event. These sarees sometimes are also known as Jamdani or Bengal Cotton Sarees. It doesn’t whether you hails form Bengal region or not, these sarees can make you look gorgeous while giving a Bengali touch.
6. Paithani Sarees – Origniated in Paithan a town in Aurangabad city of State of Maharashtra, Paithani sarees have become popular not only in India but abroad as well. Made from fine silk, cotton, golden threads with peacock & flowers designs on pallu these sarees give very high rich look and are perfect option for wedding sarees. So I will strongly recommend you to include this saree as well for your party wear collection. As Paithan is located near Ajanta caves so you can also feel a little reflection of Buddhism culture on these sarees.
7. Pochampally Sarees – I will say simply one thing about these sarees that they are just awesome. Also known asPochampally Ikat, these sarees originated in Boodhan Pochampally in Nalgonda district in State of Andhra Pradesh. Made with cotton, silk and sico these sarees carries different types of geometric designs and prints which make them unique and awesome.
8. Bomkai Sarees – Also known as Sonepuri Sarees these sarees are made in Bomkai, Sonepur, Subarnpur and Ganjam district of State of Odisha(Orissa) in India. Bomkai sarees are outcome of excellent art work of the handloom saree artists. These sarees are quite populare among the various types of silk sarees, and thus a good option for wedding & party sarees. The borders and pallu of these sarees are give ornamental thread work to give them a unique and beautiful traditional look. You can also wear these sarees on any festival.
9. Gota Sarees – Also known as Gota Work Sarees, Gotedar Sarees are basically sarees of Rajashtha but popular all over the South Asian countries. These sarees are outcome of a special embroidery work where a narrow strip of golden, silver, copper or other color ribbons which are applied on saree to give them unique, gorgeous and rich look. The rich & heavy look of these sarees make them a perfect dress for any wedding, party, festival or cultural event. Gota work is also done on many other outfits like dupatta, ghagra, turban, salwar-kameez, etc.
10. Kota Sarees – Also called as Kota Doria Sarees are made in Kota(Rajasthan) and Mau(Uttar Pradesh) in India. Made from pure cotton and silk, these sarees having patterns of khats(squates) designed by highly skilled loom saree artisans have become a choice of many women in South Asian Peninsula, and are worn special occasions, festivals, wedding ceremony, parties, cultural event or any other high events. The less weight and rich look of these sarees also make them more popular & comfortable to wear for women.
11. Kotki Sarees – Also known as Kotki Bala Sarees which are made in Kotki in Hangu district of Pakistan, but still these sarees are very popular in India and other countries for their unique cultural and beautiful look. The rich look and beautiful artwork of the saree artisans place these sarees in the group of special events sarees.
12. Tant Sarees – These sarees are weaved in Bangladesh and West Bengal and are famous not only these regions but all over Indian subcontinent region. These sarees are made from cotton so they are not costly as compared to other sarees but still they give beautiful and lovely look. Despite of being less costly these sarees can be worn in wedding or parties with a high level comfort and confidence. If you are looking for a wedding saree to wear in hot, humid & summer season then this saree will give you both high comfort and beautiful look.
13. Assam Silk Sarees – Assam silk is one of the best silk of world and the sarees made from Assam silk are quite popular among women world wide. There are some indigenous varieties of silk which are found in Assam only like Muga Silk, Pat Silk and Eri Silk which are used to made a varieties of silk sarees. Made by highly skilled loom artisans with a great art work these sarees no doubt are a perfect options for wedding , party and other high events. The most popular of the above are the Muga Silk Sarees.
14. Bollywood Sarees – Now a days there is lots of craze for Bollywood sarees. These are sarees designed for Bollywood actresses and other celebrities. You can buy such sarees online or from big saree stores. If you want a glamorous look then these sarees are best for you to wear in any wedding, party or other events.
15. Designer Sarees – This saree can be made of any stuff be it cotton, silk, chiffon, tussar, goergette, shimmer or whatever but these sarees are designed by fashion designers according to latest fashion. These sarees are a combination of tradition and latest fashion trend.
I hope you enjoyed this article and it may have helped you a lot.